Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Interesting Post on Digg/AACS Controversy

Just came across this interesting post on the Digg controversy. Not going to bother providing more commentary, but figured I'd post a link to it.

Update: I posted this entry before reading the entire linked article, so I will briefly comment on it. I completely agree that some (a lot?) of the blame can be laid directly at the feet of Digg's moderators. Informing users when content is removed due to legal reasons has long been a standard practise on the Internet, even with non "Web 2.0" (god how I hate that term) sites, including Google.com. Why Digg decided to secretly obey the cease-and-desist, instead of letting their users know exactly what the AACS LA (Licensing Authority) was up to is beyond me. Hopefully they have learned how to better handle similar situations in the future.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro